Oct 16, 2022

A day in the life | Rory Gilmore edition

I have recently restarted the Gilmore Girls TV show, and I am absolutely in love. I would have liked so much to be leaving in Star Hallow. Considering it’s the weekend, and that I have a lot of reading and studying to do considering I have just started university, what better time to have a day than Rory Gilmore considering she loves both to read and to learn.

I currently am still in self-isolation, as I have decided to do considering I moved from an orange area, so I, unfortunately, can’t go out at all, but I will try to recreate all the Gilmore activities indoors including one Luke’s inspired lunch and a movie junk food night. I am hoping I will do another post like this either leaving as Gilmore Girls or maybe another fictional character. Let me know what you think of this idea in the comments or by liking this post.

5:30 am

I indeed woke up at 5:30am, and the only thing I could think of when I tried to get out of bed was how desperately I could use a cup of coffee, and how I feel cold. So I made the not-so-smart choice of staying in bed, under the warm covers, and reading. Not an intelligent thing to do in such a full-packed day as I fell back asleep at around 6:30 and woke up again later than 8. So I made a giant coffee (triple shot of espresso), which to me is a very Lorelai fashion, and I hope I’ll manage the energy to get everything done for the day.

12:03 pm

I did some studying for a while and now I am caught up on most of my courses. I am going to make lunch and read a bit, maybe watch a Gilmore Girls episode while I eat, and then in a very Rory-like fashion, I have to plan next week’s study sessions. For lunch, I am making Mac’n Cheese.

1:00 pm

Lunch is done. I’m seating down to eat and start planning my week.

Planning is done, now I can just sit back, enjoy my lunch and watch an episode of Gilmore Girls. After that, I have to clean the kitchen and get back to studying.

4:00 pm

It is 4, and I feel my head is about to explode. I am doing my best to catch up on my programming course, but with very little success. I am going to try to update something on my computer, so it works better for the practical part of this course. I will see how I feel afterward. Honestly, I don’t think I could have studied this hard on this course and caught up with everything else I had to do today without a playlist of the music from Gilmore Girls, I found on YouTube.

5:30 pm

After a study session and another great episode of Gilmore Girls, I am ready to finish what I had left to study for the day, catch up a bit with my friend and family, read, and watch some movies.

8:30 pm

My studying for the day is done. I am going to get some food catch up with a friend for a bit and watch a movie.

The next day

Last night I ended up Skypeing my parents. Also, I ended up watching “Dirty Dancing” for the very first time, and I have absolutely loved it. I read some more until I fell asleep.
The book I started and highly enjoyed is “Rekindled Prophecy” by KC Freeman. I got to 15% into the book, and I am immensely enjoying it so far. I found the plot to be original and keep you at the edge of your seat, I fell in love with the writing style. So far, I think this book might become one of my favorites of the year. I can’t wait to make an in-depth review of this book.

signature-fonts

No comments:

Post a Comment